Saturday 17 September 2011

Reflection of analysis of 'Smashed' and 'The Insane'

After looking at both 'Smashed' and 'The Insane' in
detail and analysing them thouroughly, I found that it has greatly improved my understanding of conventions of short films and in particular horror films. I have found that their are conventions that I feel are necessary within films, in particular horror films, for instance the music building up tension toward the climax. However, there were also conventions that I feel could make the film i will be creating in the future more individual if they were broken, for instance less dialogue to make the audienced more on edge about the unknown. Although these specific things I have pointed out could both work well within any film, I have found that it is sometimes best to stick to conventions, as it is what the audience expects and enjoys, and if it is something differnet, it could either be something that the audience would enjoy, or something that they feel doesnt work as well as they are not used to it or it is not as effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment